February 13, 2007

Will she like it?

Does this particular post really belong in a bunny blog? Well, perhaps...

Guess what? I finally bit the bullet and submitted a rabbit-related article (along with a few photos) to a magazine. The editor emailed late last week to let me know that she'd recieved my submission, but I won't know for at least a week if they'll be able to use it or not. Rejection slips are something I'll have to deal with if I pursue free-lance writing full-time, but as a rank beginner, I still hope I'll be lucky the first time around.

Here's the kicker: besides writing for my websites and this blog (my website writing really isn't that hot, trust me :-) ), I've never queried an Real Live Editor. And I had the nerve to submit my little piece in hopes of payment! (Goodness, is she a little nuts or what?) Hopefully the *subject matter* is unique enough to warrant a closer look from this publication.We shall see!

Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: