July 25, 2007

A visit to the barn

Some days, I'm so glad to have rabbits. I had a rough day last week. I trekked out to the rabbit barn later in that afternoon to make sure everyone had water.

I could feel the stress drain away as soon as I got out there. Most of the rabbits were sound asleep, since it was mid-afternoon. They looked so peaceful. But Maximilian, one of the junior bucks, was stretched out on his side - at first glance, he looked dead! I scrutinized him a moment, and then a paw twitched. His nose was next and suddenly all four feet moved in sequence. His nose was next, then the feet stopped and he licked his lips.

Apparently, rabbits dream.

1 comment:

prajantr said...

My creme buck, Sam-wise, sleeps like that on his side. Sometimes in the afternoon you can see him yawn and then do a sort of hop/flop that lands him on his side almost on his back and he snoozes and twitches for a bit as he naps.